Fort Walton Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Compensation for Motorcycle Injuries
Motorcycle accidents often cause serious, life-changing injuries or result in the death of the motorcyclist. When you are hurt or a loved one is killed, you can make a claim for compensation if someone else is responsible – even if they are in part responsible – for your accident. Our Fort Walton motorcycle accident lawyers can help you understand your options and take legal steps designed to maximize the compensation you receive.
At Powell, Powell & Powell, our attorneys have decades of collective experience representing motorcycle accident victims. Our experienced litigators are prepared to go to court on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. We also have a long history of negotiating successful settlements for motorcycle crash victims. Call us today at 850-682-2757 to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help.
Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident in Florida
The laws in Florida allow victims of motorcycle crashes to recover compensation by filing a personal injury claim. If an accident results in death, surviving family members of the deceased rider may file a wrongful death claim. Plaintiffs in both personal injury and wrongful death actions are entitled to be “made whole,” which means receive full compensation for economic and for non-financial losses and damages.
Some of the different types of compensation available in a personal injury claim arising from a Fort Walton motorcycle accident include:
- Payment of medical expenses – You are entitled to compensation for the amount of your medical bills. If ongoing or lifelong treatment will be needed, a settlement or damages awarded by a jury should be enough to cover future bills.
- Wage loss benefits - You should be compensated for any and all time away from work. If you are not able to work anymore after the accident, or must take a lower paying job due to your injuries, you should be compensated for all the money the accident will prevent you from earning in the future.
- Pain and suffering losses - If you experience physical pain or a decreased quality of life.
- Emotional distress damages - Emotional distress can include post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, and other mental issues due to your accident and injuries.
Compensation in a wrongful death cases differs for those who pursue a claim after their loved one has been killed in a motorcycle crash. Wrongful death damages can include:
- Payment of medical expenses for treating the deceased before he passed away.
- Loss of wages the deceased would have earned and contributed to the household or family if he had not passed away because of the crash.
- Loss of companionship to compensate survivors for the fact they no longer have their relationship with their loved one.
- Funeral expenses
Nothing can ever replace your good health or lost loved one. Still, you deserve compensation and the Fort Walton legal team at Powell, Powell & Powell will help you fight for the money you need to move on with your life.
Schedule a Consultation at Powell, Powell & Powell Today
Many motorcycle accident claims settle and the insurance company may pressure you to accept a sum of money they offer. You need to make sure you have an attorney review any settlement offer before you sign so you don’t agree to accept less than you deserve.
Powell, Powell & Powell will represent you in negotiations with the insurer or in a trial, and we will do everything we can to get you the compensation you deserve. To learn more call 850-682-2757 or contact us online to speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Fort Walton and surrounding areas.